Edge is a full service global impact consultancy. We combine science, strategy and storytelling in partnership with motivated leaders, organisations, and industries to reimagine sustainability for positive impact.
Transformation takes more than just one voice.
It’s why our team includes over 100 specialists of 26 different nationalities in 6 office locations across the globe. All with unique experiences and stories to tell.
The common thread amongst us all is our commitment to deliver impactful change - and to share that in ways everyone can understand.
As an Edger, you’ll have the chance to work with an amazing team of like-minded humans to generate a positive impact on the world with offices in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide), New Zealand (Auckland), the US (Boston), and Chile (Santiago).
The role and why you’ll love working with us
We are seeking a Principal Consultant – Property with a track record of delivering sustainability solutions across property projects of various scales and typologies.
This is an exciting addition to the Edge team and a unique opportunity for the right person to have a positive, lasting impact on the property sustainability landscape in ANZ.
Based in either Melbourne or Sydney, you will be joining our talented and purpose-led team of Built Environment specialists across Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Auckland. The work is fast-paced, highly varied, and provides a genuine opportunity to work on some of the largest and most impactful projects in ANZ.
For this role, you will bring a strong technical background and be able to demonstrate strong leadership and business development.
The role carries the opportunity to shape Edge’s Built Environment team as well as to build Edge’s reputation in the space.
What will make you a great fit for this role and with Edge
You will be client-focused, known for your positive attitude, have strong interpersonal skills, and be seen as a trusted advisor. You will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery and business development.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 10+ years’ relevant professional experience
- Leadership applying sustainability principles to buildings/precincts/portfolios, preferably with a consulting background
- Technical knowledge and experience in delivering sustainable outcomes across the project lifecycle
- Experience in ESD and developing sustainable design guides
- Leadership in ratings and assessment tools (NABERS, Green Star, GRESB)
- Specialist knowledge in a specific area will be looked upon favourably (e.g. low carbon circular materials)
- Strong knowledge of relevant building/planning codes, legislation, policies, and standards
- Business development skills and commercial acumen
- Great with people, with an innate ability to establish and build client relationships
- Strong organisational and project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and mentor team members and grow their technical and consulting skills.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Aclimagencies. Edge is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thriving at Edge
Regardless of your skills and experience to thrive at Edge you will:
- Be known for your positive attitude, and strong personal skills, and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including the facilitation of workshops with clients and key stakeholders
- Have a point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges, and opportunities for change
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and work with a team and project partners to success
This is a unique opportunity for the right person.
By joining the team at Edge, your work will be:
- Impactful with the ability to drive real solutions based on science by working with our technical experts
- Varied with the opportunity to work with organisations of all shapes and sizes across traditional, new, and emerging sustainability issues and solutions
- Balanced through a strong culture of work-life balance.
As an Edger, we offer:
- A purpose-driven and impact-focused organisation
- Flexibility, technology, and the trust needed to make a meaningful impact
- Ongoing investment in your training and development
- Opportunity to participate in our profit share bonus scheme
- Opportunity to enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave every year
- Opportunity to work for a certified B Corp that lives our values.
At Edge, we believe the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives. These diverse minds and perspectives are critical to helping solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. We deeply care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected, and empowered and are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or life stage.