Edge is a full service global impact consultancy. We combine science, strategy and storytelling in partnership with motivated leaders, organisations and industries to reimagine sustainability for positive impact.
As an Edger, you’ll have the chance to work with an amazing team of like-minded humans to generate a major positive influence on the world with offices in Australia (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide), New Zealand (Auckland), US (Boston), and Chile (Santiago).
The role and why you’ll love working with us
We are seeking an experienced and driven Senior Consultant to assist our clients in best measuring, managing, and mitigating physical and transition climate risks across their enterprise. The role will focus on delivering climate risk assessments and climate adaptation plans for our key clients across the property, agriculture, infrastructure, manufacturing, retail and food, and beverage sectors.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with Edge Tech, our tool, and our product development stream. You will be involved in contributing to the development and delivery of a range of climate risk and resilience-focused tech products and platforms.
You will also have the opportunity to shape and refine our offer to clients as well as build Edge’s reputation in new and exciting places.
This role will ideally be based in Sydney, Melbourne, or Adelaide however, we are also open to considering other locations within Australia.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Demonstrated experience in carbon footprinting for organisations, councils and/or communities.
- Knowledge of corporate greenhouse gas emissions reporting and target-setting frameworks, such as the GHG Protocol Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard and the Science-Based Targets Initiative.
- Drive to develop deeper knowledge and technical proficiency in carbon management, both locally and internationally.
- Critical technical and analytical work based on the latest sustainability science concepts and developments
- Establishing and building trusted client relationships
- Supporting Edge’s CCR project team in preparing high-quality, clear, compelling summaries, reports, and/or presentations of analyses, as well as delivering results, insights, and recommendations to clients
- Delivering high-quality solutions and recommendations to clients, based on the best and latest science, methods, tools, and approaches.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
It would also be advantageous (however, not essential) if you have expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Sustainability knowledge – experience using GRI Standards, UN Global Compact, or UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainability Ratings planning and delivery (ISCA; Green Star)
- Sustainable procurement strategies and implementation
- Sustainability change including behaviour change, systems thinking or theory of change best practices, principles, and experience putting them into practice
In this role, you will have the opportunity to shape and refine our offer to clients as well as build Edge’s reputation in new and exciting places.
What will make you a great fit for this role and with Edge
You will be client-focussed, known for your positive attitude, have strong interpersonal skills, and be seen as a trusted advisor. You will be adaptable and able to balance priorities spanning delivery and business development.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- > 3 years experience in sustainability consulting with a focus on:
- Carbon footprinting and modeling
- Decarbonisation strategies and action planning
- Climate Resilience
- Climate risk assessment and strategic mitigation
- A degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering or similar
- Excellent report writing, analytical skills (including Microsoft Excel expertise), and attention to detail
- A passion to use your skills for good and create a positive impact
- A proven track record of working autonomously
- Solid project management experience and demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and delivery to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices, and challenges and opportunities for change
- The ability to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and work with a team and project partners to success
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Edge Environment is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thriving at Edge
To thrive at Edge you will:
- Be known for your positive attitude, and strong personal skills, and see yourself as a potential trusted advisor to colleagues and clients
- Pride yourself on your strong verbal and written communications, including the facilitation of workshops with clients and key stakeholders
- Have a point of view on sustainability including key trends, best practices and challenges, and opportunities for change
- Be able to navigate complex client challenges (even if you don’t know the answer) and work with a team and project partners to success
At Edge, we offer:
- A purpose-driven and impact focused organisation
- Flexibility, technology, and the trust needed to make a meaningful impact
- Ongoing investment in your training and development
- Opportunity to participate in our profit share bonus scheme
- Opportunity to enjoy 5 weeks of annual leave every year
- Opportunity to work for a certified B Corp that lives our values
At Edge, we believe the best solutions come from bringing together the best minds and a broad range of perspectives. These diverse minds and perspectives are critical to helping solve the environmental, social, and economic challenges society faces. We deeply care about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected, and empowered and are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, or life stage.